Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default outlining / Grouping

I have a major level (2.0) with sub levels (2.1, 2.2,...). I want to use
outline/grouping to show only the cardinal levels, with the sub levels BELOW
them. When I use the grouping, it places the +/- sign at the bottom of the
range and hides the cardinal number.

How would I have the grouping ROLL UP vice DOWN...put the +/- at the top of
the range?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The +/- signs are along side the "summary" or "title / total" rows, which
are usually at the bottom of a group.
You can change that, and place the +/- signs at the top, which sort of puts
your total row at the top of the group.

Of course, you could simply add an additional total (empty) row at the
bottom or top.

To switch the placement:

<Data <Group & Outline <Settings
And *Uncheck*