Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default outlining / Grouping

The +/- signs are along side the "summary" or "title / total" rows, which
are usually at the bottom of a group.
You can change that, and place the +/- signs at the top, which sort of puts
your total row at the top of the group.

Of course, you could simply add an additional total (empty) row at the
bottom or top.

To switch the placement:

<Data <Group & Outline <Settings
And *Uncheck*
"Summary Rows Below Detail".

--
HTH,

RD

"AFREP" wrote in message
I have a major level (2.0) with sub levels (2.1, 2.2,...). I want to use
outline/grouping to show only the cardinal levels, with the sub levels
BELOW
them. When I use the grouping, it places the +/- sign at the bottom of
the
range and hides the cardinal number.

How would I have the grouping ROLL UP vice DOWN...put the +/- at the top
of
the range?