Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Adding a hyperlink to a picture in Excel 2007

I am using Windows XP and Excel 2007. Prior to my upgrade from Excel 2003 I
had numerous worksheets with a company logo pasted onto graphs. Users
viewing the workbook could click on the logo to return to the frontpage.
These were created using hyperlinks. In Excel 2007 I use the same procedure.
I paste the picture onto the worksheet and right-click to edit the
hyperlink, but it is no longer a valid option. I can't select Edit Hyperlink
anylonger. Any tips? Can it be that MS has removed these feature from Excel
2007? No more hyperlinks on pictures?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I had no problem doing this in Excel 2007. I inserted a picture, right
clicked it and picked Hyperlink. Then I selected "Place in this document"
from the Insert Hyperlink dialog and picked Sheet1.

--
Jim
"Kristian" wrote in message
|I am using Windows XP and Excel 2007. Prior to my upgrade from Excel 2003
| had numerous worksheets with a company logo pasted onto graphs. Users
| viewing the workbook could click on the logo to return to the frontpage.
| These were created using hyperlinks. In Excel 2007 I use the same
procedure.
| I paste the picture onto the worksheet and right-click to edit the
| hyperlink, but it is no longer a valid option. I can't select Edit
Hyperlink
| anylonger. Any tips? Can it be that MS has removed these feature from
Excel
| 2007? No more hyperlinks on pictures?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jim,

Does this work in a graph worksheet? I have a graph's location as an entire
worksheet and this isn't working for me in Excel 2007.

"Kristian" wrote in message
|I am using Windows XP and Excel 2007. Prior to my upgrade from Excel 2003
| had numerous worksheets with a company logo pasted onto graphs. Users
| viewing the workbook could click on the logo to return to the frontpage.
| These were created using hyperlinks. In Excel 2007 I use the same
procedure.
| I paste the picture onto the worksheet and right-click to edit the
| hyperlink, but it is no longer a valid option. I can't select Edit
Hyperlink
| anylonger. Any tips? Can it be that MS has removed these feature from
Excel
| 2007? No more hyperlinks on pictures?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When I try this with a Chart sheet the hyperlink option is grayed out, as
you said. Furthermore if I open an Excel 2003 workbook with a chart sheet
with a picture with a hyperlink, the hyperlink does not work. So for
whatever reason MS has disabled this. It seems all you can do is attach a
macro that selects the sheet to the picture.

--
Jim