Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MAK MAK is offline

Default 2007 Excel Pivot Tables - Error Message too many records? Help

My data worksheet is only 1,404 rows and 13 columns (not all data being used)
- but every time I try and add a formula I get an message: "There are too
many records to complete the operation".

I also have an issue when I go to move from items between the columns and
rows - it takes over 15 minutes to refresh.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Mak. Hopefully this is not like one of those fake promisses that we heard
from our political candidates... LOL. Well I am afraid that in the Microsoft
case, this is one of those. It is true that you can manage formulas in the
Pivot Tables and enven mix ranges of two or more different tables to
consoidate data in one single PV. However, the big, no HUGE dowsize is the
performance of the algorithm behind it. So here are my suggestions:
First, drop this idea.
Second, try to implement the very same idea, but using cubes. This is a lot
more powerful than PV's and offers the same functionality.
Third, if First and Second fail, then as I have done in the past, just do
the formulas outside the pivot table.

THis is one of those features where Microsoft just can keep up with the real
needs. Let me know your foundings and best of luck.

Argy.