Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2002: Formating tab color

Hello,

I have a problem with Formating Tab Color dialog box.

Each time I right click at the tab Tab color, the color template always
half showing at the bottom of the screen. I need to drag it over and over
again to the centre of the screen to reveral the €śOK€ť button.

Is there anyway to defalt this templates position at the centre of the
screen ?

Thanks

Low

--
A36B58K641
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What is it hiding behind?

The Windows Taskbar?

Is Excel Window maximized or?

I cannot replicate your problem on 2003 version.

I can drag it down so's the bottom half is hidden by the Taskbar, but it
won't stay there.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 5 Nov 2008 08:48:01 -0800, Mr. Low
wrote:

Hello,

I have a problem with Formating Tab Color dialog box.

Each time I right click at the tab Tab color, the color template always
half showing at the bottom of the screen. I need to drag it over and over
again to the centre of the screen to reveral the “OK” button.

Is there anyway to defalt this template’s position at the centre of the
screen ?

Thanks

Low

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello Gord,

What I mean is the dialog box appears only half above the task bar, the
other half (incluisive of the button) is hidden below the task bar. Always I
need to drag it up to reveal the hidden button before I could execute the
formating after selecting the color.

Thanks

Low

--
A36B58K641

wrote:

Hello,

I have a problem with Formating Tab Color dialog box.

Each time I right click at the tab Tab color, the color template always
half showing at the bottom of the screen. I need to drag it over and over
again to the centre of the screen to reveral the €śOK€ť button.

Is there anyway to defalt this templates position at the centre of the
screen ?

Thanks

Low

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How many rows is your Taskbar?

Is it set to Autohide and pops up when you move the mouse down to bottom of
window?

Have you disabling the option of Taskbar setting "keep taskbar on top of
other windows"?

Gord

On Thu, 6 Nov 2008 12:24:04 -0800, Mr. Low
wrote:

Hello Gord,

What I mean is the dialog box appears only half above the task bar, the
other half (incluisive of the button) is hidden below the task bar. Always I
need to drag it up to reveal the hidden button before I could execute the
formating after selecting the color.

Thanks

Low

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Helo Gord,

Here are my answers:

1. One row
2. Not set autodide and pop up
3 Yes, disabling.

Thanks

Low

--
A36B58K641

wrote:

Hello Gord,

What I mean is the dialog box appears only half above the task bar, the
other half (incluisive of the button) is hidden below the task bar. Always I
need to drag it up to reveal the hidden button before I could execute the
formating after selecting the color.

Thanks

Low

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm out of ideas.

I cannot get the dialog window to hide behind the taskbar on my setup unless
I drag it down there.

Gord

On Fri, 7 Nov 2008 07:42:01 -0800, Mr. Low
wrote:

Helo Gord,

Here are my answers:

1. One row
2. Not set autodide and pop up
3 Yes, disabling.

Thanks

Low

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello Gord

The Excel that I am using is installed in a server using Window 2000
Terminal Service Client. I wounder if this has caused the problem.

By the way, I tried to do the same task today, I find that the problem is
fixed.

I believe that MS had done an update to resolve this issue.

Thank you anyway for your effort to look into my problem.

Kind Regards

Low

--
A36B58K641

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

I'm out of ideas.

I cannot get the dialog window to hide behind the taskbar on my setup unless
I drag it down there.

Gord

On Fri, 7 Nov 2008 07:42:01 -0800, Mr. Low
wrote:

Helo Gord,

Here are my answers:

1. One row