Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2002: How to keep the new color settings ?

Dear Sir,

I have a problem in keeping the color setting of a worksheet for other new
files.

At first, I go to Tool Option Color Modify , and click OK to set my
favorite color template.

After that, I save these setting in that file. However when I open up other
new files, those new setting does not retain. It always get back to the
default color setting.

Is there anyway to overcome this problem ?

Thanks

Low

--
A36B58K641

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Create a default template with your desired color scheme (see "Create a
template for workbooks or worksheets" in XL Help).

In article ,

Is there anyway to overcome this problem ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2003: How to keep the new color settings ?

I have a spreadsheet that used a different color template - now everything is
defaulting to that color scheme.

I have tried to reset - to no avail.

Also tried to open a new sheet with the template I want to copy from, the
minute I open sheet I want to copy too - both sheets default to the color
scheme I don't want.

It seems I can only get back to create sheets in standard color mode - if I
don't open this one particular sheet.

--
LeSha

"Mr. Low" wrote:

Dear Sir,

I have a problem in keeping the color setting of a worksheet for other new
files.

At first, I go to Tool Option Color Modify , and click OK to set my
favorite color template.

After that, I save these setting in that file. However when I open up other
new files, those new setting does not retain. It always get back to the
default color setting.

Is there anyway to overcome this problem ?

Thanks

Low

--
A36B58K641

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello LeSha

I share the same experience as you.

I could only retain the color template for a particular file by saving it.

Other new files I open will have the color template back to its original
default setting.

For Excel 2002, the defauly color template is less suitable for shading as
it is too dark. LIght color shading only look good.

Low
--
A36B58K641