Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tv tv is offline

Default entering a formula into a cell with text

I have a spreadsheet that has a "shipping" fee of "Standard=4.99" and an
"Overnight=12.99". I need to insert an IF function if I change it from
standard to overnight to automatically change and I can't get it. Can you
assist me with this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

if you "Standard=4.99" was in column A, try this:

=if(A1="standard=4.99",4.99,12.99)

if those are not the only two options then replace the 12.99 with
if(A1="overnight=12.99",12.99, ... and so on.

good luck

"TV" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet that has a "shipping" fee of "Standard=4.99" and an
"Overnight=12.99". I need to insert an IF function if I change it from
standard to overnight to automatically change and I can't get it. Can you
assist me with this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

IF(A1="Standard", 4.99, 12.99)
If this is not what you need please explain in more detail with examples
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"TV" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that has a "shipping" fee of "Standard=4.99" and an
"Overnight=12.99". I need to insert an IF function if I change it from
standard to overnight to automatically change and I can't get it. Can you
assist me with this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tv tv is offline

I guess I did not explain myself correctly, so here it goes: I have a
spreadsheet that has C15 that shows the shipping of either "standard or
overnight" then I have the shipping options in E9 standard F9 4.99, E10
overnight F10 12.99, then on the bottom of the invoice I have F32 where the
Shipping fee is supose to go in and the formula, and in G32 I should be able
to change from overnight to standard and changes should me made throughout
the invoice. But this is kind of confusing to me and I can't get it. Hope you
can help!