Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Entering a function leaves the cell in text mode...

Hello All:

Here is a new affliction in my excel spreadsheets:

I enter a function, say, "=vlookup(A2,$A:$F,2)". Instead of displaying
the result, the cell simply displays "=vlookup(A2,$A:$F,2)"!

What is going on?

Thanks,

Deguza

(Using Excel 2003 on XP)