Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Why do I get #### signs when entering cash amount in account mode

I have my cell formated in accounting and when i enter my cash amount it
gives me ##### signs. I have changed the format to anything other than
accounting and it puts in my amount. I want my workbook in accounting mode
because it is easier to read for me. What on earth have I dont wrong to the
thing? Please help..
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just make the column a little wider.

Accounting format has spaces added by default to account for the possible
insertion of parenthesis, where the positive and negative numbers will align
with each other.
--
HTH,

RD

"banae9" wrote in message
I have my cell formated in accounting and when i enter my cash amount it
gives me ##### signs. I have changed the format to anything other than
accounting and it puts in my amount. I want my workbook in accounting mode
because it is easier to read for me. What on earth have I dont wrong to
the
thing? Please help..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Why do I get #### signs when entering cash amount in account m

Gee... Can't you tell I am such a pro at Excel. It worked... And to think of
all the cussing I was doing for the whole HOUR I spent trying to figure it
out. I may need to re-take my Excel class. haha Thanks so much!

Banae9