Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tb

Default Formula for Petty Cash form to return -/+ amount?

I have started building a balance sheet for my petty cash. I have a cell with
the drawer total (which is my float) then I have a cell with cash on hand
total (total cash left), another cell with Petty Cash (tot al of cash spent)
I would like to have another cell that would show me if there is an over or a
shortage from cash on hand to what the drawer total os suppose to be?

EG: Drawer Total 500.00
Cash on hand Total 175.00
Petty Cash 300.00
Over/Short <25.00

Is there a formula that would do this for me??

TY

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK

Assuming the three numbers from your example occupy cells B2 to B4,
enter this formula in B5:

=B3+B4-B2

This will give a negative value if the cash spent plus cash remaining
are less than the float.

Hope this helps.

Pete