Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Subtotal by Account (cash, liability, revenue, expense) in Excel?

I am trying to get subtotals added to a trial balance report. The report has
the account numbers listed first and show a list of account numbers. With
each change in the first number the group change. How can I subtotal all the
cash, liability, revenue, expense............?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Shay

One way
Insert a column before your Account codes, head it Group
In A2 enter
=LEFT(B2) and copy down
Mark your whole block of data (including new column) and
DataSubtotalat each change in GroupSumAdd Subtotal toclick each
column that you want to be summed.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Shay" wrote in message
I am trying to get subtotals added to a trial balance report. The
report has
the account numbers listed first and show a list of account numbers.
With
each change in the first number the group change. How can I subtotal
all the
cash, liability, revenue, expense............?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You'd need to use a "helper column" along the lines of:

A1: AcctType
This formula returns the left character of the value in B10
A2: =left(B2,1)
Copy down as far as needed

Then subtotal on changes in that field.

Is that something you can work with?