Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
TSK TSK is offline

Default How to protect cell with formula from being entering info

Can someone advise how can I protect the cell which contain formual and I
know excel had a function to uncolor the cell when result is being calculate.

Example

Formula in cell A3 with Blue Color == A1 + A2

Result required
When I key in no. in A1 & A2, A3 will show the result and blue color is
disappeared and A3 do not allow user in anything
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

Select cell/cell range;
Select Format Cells from menu or from drop-down opened by right-click;
On Protection tab of Format Cells window set protection options:
Locked - cell contents will be protected when selected.
Hidden - user will see only results instead of formulas. Nothing is
displayed in formula bar when the cell is selected, or in edit mode.

Protection setings will work only when the sheet is protected. When the
sheet is unprotected, the user can edit any entries without any
restrictions.
My advice is to select at start the whole sheet, and set main protection
options. After that, select ranges where you want different protection
options, and reset them.

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<attarkon.ee )