Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Auto fill cell based upon another cell value

Thanks in advance for your help.

I'd like to be able to do the following:

Cell A1 would received a value (manually entered) of 1-19 and base upon that
value... cell B1 would yield a corresponding percentile.

For example:

If the user were to enter a scaled score of 9 (into cell A1) then the
percentile 37% would be autofilled in cell B1.

note: I have 19 scaled scores that have corresponding percentiles...I've
tried to copy (and alter) a code that I thougt would work...but it went kaput.

Again, thanks in advance for any help w/ this issue.

Steve
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

You need a lookup table like the one below (i guessed the percentages) mine
is in e1 - F19 but it could be anywhere out of the way. Then the formula

=VLOOKUP(A1,E1:F19,2,FALSE)

1 2
2 7
3 13