Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default auto fill rows with months based on cell value

Hello All ...

I am building a basic contract tracker spreadsheet.

In one cell I enter the start date and another the number of months of the
contract.

Currently I manually enter the first month (formated Mar-08) in the first
row then manually drag-fill it down to fill the corresponding number of
months of contract.

Is there a way to have Excel 2007 automatically fill this column with the
months based on the value of start date and number of months?

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Assuming A1 will house the # of months, eg: 3
and A2 contains your 1st-of-month date, eg: 1-Mar-2008, formatted as: mmm-yy
In A3:
=IF(ROWS($1:1)A$1,"",DATE(YEAR(A$2),MONTH(A$2)+RO WS($1:1),1))
Copy A3 down to cover the max expected number in A1
--
Max
Singapore
"Drew" wrote in message
Hello All ...

I am building a basic contract tracker spreadsheet.

In one cell I enter the start date and another the number of months of the
contract.

Currently I manually enter the first month (formated Mar-08) in the first
row then manually drag-fill it down to fill the corresponding number of
months of contract.

Is there a way to have Excel 2007 automatically fill this column with the
months based on the value of start date and number of months?

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Max ... it works a treat thank you ... excepting if I insert 1/3/08 as start
date the first auto complete month reads Apl-08. I need it to be the same
month as the start date month.

"Drew" wrote in message
Hello All ...

I am building a basic contract tracker spreadsheet.

In one cell I enter the start date and another the number of months of
the contract.

Currently I manually enter the first month (formated Mar-08) in the first
row then manually drag-fill it down to fill the corresponding number of
months of contract.

Is there a way to have Excel 2007 automatically fill this column with the
months based on the value of start date and number of months?

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Adjust it a little
Use instead in A3, copied down:
=IF(ROWS($1:1)A$1,"",DATE(YEAR(A$2),MONTH(A$2)+RO WS($1:1)-1,1))