Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Automatically rotate Months and Data

Hi,

I have a sheet that I am working on similar to this:
Product Sales November October September YTD
Product Views 1,131,753 28,012,673 30,080,398 140,200,182

I have the months setup as follows:
=DATE(2008,(MONTH(NOW())),1)
=DATE(2008,(MONTH(NOW()))-1,1)
=DATE(2008,((MONTH(NOW()))-2),1)

The problem is I have not figured out how to get the data to automatically
change. Right now I have the data pulling from a second sheet using VLOOKUP.
At the beginning of each month I need to go edit the data to reflect the
correct month.

Any Thoughts on how I can have the data automatically roll like the months?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm presuming you also have dates on a second sheet. You have a VLOOKUP
that looks something like this

=VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet2!A2:B100,myCol,False)

for the myCol part, you could fill in a MATCH function. You'd need to
match the date at the top of the current column with the date in the second
sheet. Just make sure that your match columns match the columns for the
VLOOKUP range. If you have other questions, come back and ask.
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

If this post was helpful to you, please click YES below.

"BK13" wrote:

Hi,

I have a sheet that I am working on similar to this:
Product Sales November October September YTD
Product Views 1,131,753 28,012,673 30,080,398 140,200,182

I have the months setup as follows:
=DATE(2008,(MONTH(NOW())),1)
=DATE(2008,(MONTH(NOW()))-1,1)
=DATE(2008,((MONTH(NOW()))-2),1)

The problem is I have not figured out how to get the data to automatically
change. Right now I have the data pulling from a second sheet using VLOOKUP.
At the beginning of each month I need to go edit the data to reflect the
correct month.

Any Thoughts on how I can have the data automatically roll like the months?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

We can guess, but if we know your exact data layout on the data page and the
summary page it would take most of the guesswork away.

For example on the Summary sheet - why do three columns of data total to a
YTD that is not equal to those 3 columns, are there other columns hidden on
this summary page? Why are you adding new months to the left and not the
right? What does the source data sheet look like does a given month have
more than one row (or column) of data? What is the layout?
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"BK13" wrote:

Hi,

I have a sheet that I am working on similar to this:
Product Sales November October September YTD
Product Views 1,131,753 28,012,673 30,080,398 140,200,182

I have the months setup as follows:
=DATE(2008,(MONTH(NOW())),1)
=DATE(2008,(MONTH(NOW()))-1,1)
=DATE(2008,((MONTH(NOW()))-2),1)

The problem is I have not figured out how to get the data to automatically
change. Right now I have the data pulling from a second sheet using VLOOKUP.
At the beginning of each month I need to go edit the data to reflect the
correct month.

Any Thoughts on how I can have the data automatically roll like the months?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Shane,

I am showing the data in the three months with the current month being the
first that is read.
the data sheet looks like this:

Jun 2008 12,498,488
Jul 2008 31,455,441
Aug 2008 37,021,429
Sep 2008 30,080,398
Oct 2008 28,012,673
Nov 2008 2,230,443
Dec 2008 0

YTD would be the total. For this data there are only the two columns. Does
that help?

BK