Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ShaneDevenshire ShaneDevenshire is offline

Default Automatically rotate Months and Data

We can guess, but if we know your exact data layout on the data page and the
summary page it would take most of the guesswork away.

For example on the Summary sheet - why do three columns of data total to a
YTD that is not equal to those 3 columns, are there other columns hidden on
this summary page? Why are you adding new months to the left and not the
right? What does the source data sheet look like does a given month have
more than one row (or column) of data? What is the layout?
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"BK13" wrote:

Hi,

I have a sheet that I am working on similar to this:
Product Sales November October September YTD
Product Views 1,131,753 28,012,673 30,080,398 140,200,182

I have the months setup as follows:
=DATE(2008,(MONTH(NOW())),1)
=DATE(2008,(MONTH(NOW()))-1,1)
=DATE(2008,((MONTH(NOW()))-2),1)

The problem is I have not figured out how to get the data to automatically
change. Right now I have the data pulling from a second sheet using VLOOKUP.
At the beginning of each month I need to go edit the data to reflect the
correct month.

Any Thoughts on how I can have the data automatically roll like the months?