Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2002 upgrade

I forgot to mention that I had a computer crash, so new motherboard, can't
install 97
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The motherboard has nothing to do with the ability to install Office
97 (or any other Office version). The Operating System may prevent
installation of Office 97 (one of my Vista Ultimate machines
steadfastly refuses to install Office 97), but the motherboard is
irrelevant.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
Excel Product Group
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
(email on web site)

On Sat, 1 Nov 2008 15:51:01 -0700, Neon
wrote:

I forgot to mention that I had a computer crash, so new motherboard, can't
install 97

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

I am running many versions of Excel using a Mac without a problem installing
them under XP.

If you continue to have this problem, write down the serial number and
product code from the original office 97 installation disk and call
Microsoft's help line. Explain the problem and maybe they will provide you
with a workaround. Oh you may also want the serial number/code from the
upgrade so they can verify it.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire