Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default why wont a formula save?

I have 6 spreadsheets and have been trying to save a formula in the same cell
in all 6 spreadsheets but when I save and close out, its not there the next
time I use it, any ideas on why?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Tell us more about the steps you are using
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"MichelleD" wrote in message
I have 6 spreadsheets and have been trying to save a formula in the same
cell
in all 6 spreadsheets but when I save and close out, its not there the
next
time I use it, any ideas on why?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Oct 31, 8:25*am, MichelleD
wrote:
I have 6 spreadsheets and have been trying to save a formula in the same cell
in all 6 spreadsheets but when I save and close out, its not there the next
time I use it, any ideas on why?

Are you opening as read only? Does the sheet say Read Only in teh
Blue bar at the top? Is someone saving back over your info? Try
changing Tools/Options/calculation to automatic.

Jay
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It was already in automatic. Is it possible that its a dead cell? if so can I
just delete one cell?

"jlclyde" wrote:

On Oct 31, 8:25 am, MichelleD
wrote:
I have 6 spreadsheets and have been trying to save a formula in the same cell
in all 6 spreadsheets but when I save and close out, its not there the next
time I use it, any ideas on why?

Are you opening as read only? Does the sheet say Read Only in teh
Blue bar at the top? Is someone saving back over your info? Try
changing Tools/Options/calculation to automatic.

Jay

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Also, its not a read only and no one else is sharing this spreadsheet.

"jlclyde" wrote:

On Oct 31, 8:25 am, MichelleD
wrote:
I have 6 spreadsheets and have been trying to save a formula in the same cell
in all 6 spreadsheets but when I save and close out, its not there the next
time I use it, any ideas on why?

Are you opening as read only? Does the sheet say Read Only in teh
Blue bar at the top? Is someone saving back over your info? Try
changing Tools/Options/calculation to automatic.

Jay

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

I don't understand the concept of dead cell. Try this:-

In windows explorer navigate to the workbook and note the date/time last
modified values.
Open your workbook and change somthing and save
re-check the date/time modified, has it changed?

Mike

"MichelleD" wrote:

Also, its not a read only and no one else is sharing this spreadsheet.

"jlclyde" wrote:

On Oct 31, 8:25 am, MichelleD
wrote:
I have 6 spreadsheets and have been trying to save a formula in the same cell
in all 6 spreadsheets but when I save and close out, its not there the next
time I use it, any ideas on why?

Are you opening as read only? Does the sheet say Read Only in teh
Blue bar at the top? Is someone saving back over your info? Try
changing Tools/Options/calculation to automatic.

Jay

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dlw dlw is offline

Is there maybe an autoexec macro or some vb code that overwrites the cell
when you open the sheet?