Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Starting up excel 2003

I don't know since when this started but whenever I open any of my excel
file, it opens a blank PERSONAL page and have to either wait a long time or
minimize and maximize to get what I wanted to open.
Does anyone know how to get rid of this problem so I could open the file I
want to work on?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The next time the Personal.xls file comes up , at the menu select Windows,
Hide. Close Excel but first Save All Files.

Start Excel Anew... Personal will load (invisibly ) you may need it in the
future,,

"ccfromcalif" wrote:

I don't know since when this started but whenever I open any of my excel
file, it opens a blank PERSONAL page and have to either wait a long time or
minimize and maximize to get what I wanted to open.
Does anyone know how to get rid of this problem so I could open the file I
want to work on?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

The Personal.xls file is designed to contain macros which would be available
in any workbook. If you don't have any macros, you can delete this file,
here's how:
In Excel, with the Personal.xls file visible, choose File, Close. Then
choose File, Open and navigate to the following location:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office#\XLStart
in there you should see the Personal.xls file, select it and delete it. The
# after office is the version number of Office you are using, if you use 2003
that will be Office11.

It is safe to delete this file if there are no macros in it. If you need it
later it can be created by recording a macro into the Personal Macro Workbook.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire