Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Starting an Excel 2003 file from Excel 2007

Being running Office Profesional 2007 for about a year now with only one
unsolved problem.

My Excel 2003 files (documents) can not be directly open by Exel 2007 by the
common double clicking method, poping up an inmediate dialog box explaing
that the file ca not be found. But if I previously open the 2007 version,
select the "open" option and then select the file, it opens up with no
problem. The long way around as you can understan.

Any solution?

Thank's in advance.
--
Regsa
(Chile)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

You probably need to link xls file type to Excel 2007.

One way is to right click any xls (2003 file) while pressing the shift
button, choose 'open with', select Excel 2007 and click on the 'always open
with this' option.

Let me know how it goes.

"ReneI" wrote:

Being running Office Profesional 2007 for about a year now with only one
unsolved problem.

My Excel 2003 files (documents) can not be directly open by Exel 2007 by the
common double clicking method, poping up an inmediate dialog box explaing
that the file ca not be found. But if I previously open the 2007 version,
select the "open" option and then select the file, it opens up with no
problem. The long way around as you can understan.

Any solution?

Thank's in advance.
--
Regsa
(Chile)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Try to go Button Office Excel Options Button Resources Tab
Diagnose Button

"ReneI" wrote:
Being running Office Profesional2007for about a year now with only one
unsolved problem.

MyExcel2003 files (documents) can not be directly open by Exel2007by the
common double clicking method, poping up an inmediate dialog box explaing
that the file ca not be found. But if I previously open the2007version,
select the "open" option and then select the file, it opens up with no
problem. The long way around as you can understan.

Any solution?

Thank's in advance. *
--
Regsa