Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default default picture viewer + hyperlink

i made a hiperlynk on a .jpg

when i click on it, it opens in Photo Editor. how can i change it to
something else (like IrfanView or AcdSee)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

I think you'll have to change a Windows setting for that. Select any .jpg
and right click it and select 'Open With' and then 'Choose a program'
Navigate to your application of choice and select it. Check 'Always use the
selected program to open this type of file'

Mike

"novi.lik" wrote:

i made a hiperlynk on a .jpg

when i click on it, it opens in Photo Editor. how can i change it to
something else (like IrfanView or AcdSee)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"novi.lik" wrote:

i made a hiperlynk on a .jpg

when i click on it, it opens in Photo Editor. how can i change it to
something else (like IrfanView or AcdSee)

I have the same problem, but in the opposite direction, so any help would be
appreciated.

I have been using Excel for years as a quasi database to index all of my
scanned documents. When I click on a hyperlink to the document, I used to
always get the Windows and Fax Viewer. I had to reinstall Windows XP and all
applications due to a hard disk crash, and now the same links bring up the
image in IE. The "open with" in Explorer is set to open JPEG files in
Windows and Fax Viewer and the folder view options is also set to open JPEG
files in Windows and Fax Viewer. So, if we can figure out why Excel insists
on opening the JPEG image in IE, then I suspect that both of our questions
may be answered.

=HYPERLINK("Scanner\Documents\08\"&C3342&".jpg",C3 342&".jpg")
and
=HYPERLINK("file:\\C:Scanner\Documents\08\"&C3358& ".jpg",C3358&".jpg")
work exactly the same.

Any help here would be appreciated......

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

i've got a response (thanks to Ramesh Srinivasan)

a.. Click Start, Run and type regedit

b.. Navigate to the following branch:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Microsoft \ Office \ 9.0 \ Common \
Internet

a.. On the Edit menu, point to New, and click DWORD Value.

b.. Enter ForceShellExecute as the value name.

c.. On the Edit menu, click Modify.

d.. In the Value data box, type 1.

e.. Close Registry Editor

zivio.........