Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Office Excel 2007 Pivot Data Charting

Challenge:
1. I have a fairly straight-forward Pivot table (3 levels of Row labels, 1
level of Column labels.)
2. I want to create a Chart of a specific (manually-selected) data from
within the Pivot table, that I select using the Control Key to get the series
labels and actual data.
3. When I F11 to create a chart, I get the WHOLE FREAKING pivot table's
worth of data in the chart, and not just what I wanted. Really screws up the
chart.

Can anyone give me some tips here? I don't want to do a copy/paste special
approach to get the data isolated, just so that I can create a chart.

Thanks, all.
wam

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

You can't do it that way.
You need to apply Filters to your data to get the set of values that you are
interested in, then create the chart.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"wamiller36" wrote in message
Challenge:
1. I have a fairly straight-forward Pivot table (3 levels of Row labels,
1
level of Column labels.)
2. I want to create a Chart of a specific (manually-selected) data from
within the Pivot table, that I select using the Control Key to get the
series
labels and actual data.
3. When I F11 to create a chart, I get the WHOLE FREAKING pivot table's
worth of data in the chart, and not just what I wanted. Really screws up
the
chart.

Can anyone give me some tips here? I don't want to do a copy/paste special
approach to get the data isolated, just so that I can create a chart.

Thanks, all.
wam

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you Roger. I will restructure the original Pivot (not my first choice,
for some business reasons, but I surrender!) and then use that to create the
filtered chart results.

wam