Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Pivot Tables in Office 2007

Did something change in the way pivot tables are constructed in Office 2007,
in addition to the obvious improvement in the onscreen interface? I am
having a devil of a time pulling out calculations which make sense.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Have a look at this site:
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"DOUG ECKERT" wrote in message
Did something change in the way pivot tables are constructed in Office
2007,
in addition to the obvious improvement in the onscreen interface? I am
having a devil of a time pulling out calculations which make sense.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Bernard: That is a very good resource, thank you. However, I am trying to
use a pivot table to count YES and NO responses in a spreadsheet and to show
the "YES" responses as a percent of the total responses. It works to a
limited degree, but I am generating an extra row with "YES" or "NO" and it is
messy. 'Any sugggestions?

DOUG

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

Have a look at this site:
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP
http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme
remove caps from email

"DOUG ECKERT" wrote in message
Did something change in the way pivot tables are constructed in Office
2007,
in addition to the obvious improvement in the onscreen interface? I am
having a devil of a time pulling out calculations which make sense.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"DOUG ECKERT" wrote:

Bernard: Is it fair to say that each Pivot Table can only answer one
question? (I wanted to rate multiple medical providers against multiple
coding criteria, i.e., how well they documented the care they provided).
But, in a pivot table, I could measure one provider against multiple criteria
- or, one criteria against multiple providers. But, I could not rate
multiple providers against multiple criteria, could I? IF THAT IS TRUE, then
would I not be better off constructing a stoplight chart and grading their
score on a graduated scale - like in elementary school?