Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default formula for budget

Good day
this is the excel worksheet before me

item Budget Curr Budget Jan Feb Mar
comp h/w 5000 **** 1000 500 200
hort 6000 ****
animal prod 2000 ****

What formula should I use to workout the current budget. So initially I have
R5000 then I purchase comp h/w for R1000 in jan the current budget should be
R4000 and then purchase comp h/w in feb the current budget should be 3500 and
then purchase in mar the curr budget must be 3300. How can u accomplish this?

Thanking you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Extending your example to 12 months
=B2-SUM(D2:O2)
Regards,
Stefi

€žexcel determine no failed.€ť ezt Ă*rta:

Good day
this is the excel worksheet before me

item Budget Curr Budget Jan Feb Mar
comp h/w 5000 **** 1000 500 200
hort 6000 ****
animal prod 2000 ****

What formula should I use to workout the current budget. So initially I have
R5000 then I purchase comp h/w for R1000 in jan the current budget should be
R4000 and then purchase comp h/w in feb the current budget should be 3500 and
then purchase in mar the curr budget must be 3300. How can u accomplish this?

Thanking you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If current budget is column C, then put this in C2:

=B2-SUM(D2:O2)

and copy down. This assumes you have 12 monthly columns.

Hope this helps.

Pete