Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007 Add-Ins

Hi,

I am in the process of switching laptops and my new laptop has Office 2007.
My old laptop was running Office 2003. An add-in was installed in Excel
2003. I am now trying to install it in Excel 2007.

Prior to switching computers, I had downloaded a trial version on my old
computer (which also was running Office 2003). When the trial was installed,
the Add-In automatically loaded in Excel 2007 and worked without any problems.

On my new computer, in Excel 2007, I've saved the file and it's listed in my
Active Applicaiton Add-Ins. However, the Add-Ins tab is not being displayed.
Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Add-in tab should be last tab displayed on the ribbon.

On my laptop it shows up when I enable a COM Add-In for SnagIt application.
I do not see it I disable that even if I have Analysis Toolpak loaded.

Go to Office Button|Excel Options|Add-Ins and click on manage Add-Ins and
choose the Add-In you want (you may have to browse to the file).

If you don't see it even after this then see
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ex...029321033.aspx for help.

"mary s." wrote:

Hi,

I am in the process of switching laptops and my new laptop has Office 2007.
My old laptop was running Office 2003. An add-in was installed in Excel
2003. I am now trying to install it in Excel 2007.

Prior to switching computers, I had downloaded a trial version on my old
computer (which also was running Office 2003). When the trial was installed,
the Add-In automatically loaded in Excel 2007 and worked without any problems.

On my new computer, in Excel 2007, I've saved the file and it's listed in my
Active Applicaiton Add-Ins. However, the Add-Ins tab is not being displayed.
Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for your reply!

The bizarre thing is, that when I go to Manage Add-Ins, the add-in is listed
as active. For some reason the Add-in ribbon isn't showing up though.

"mary s." wrote:

Hi,

I am in the process of switching laptops and my new laptop has Office 2007.
My old laptop was running Office 2003. An add-in was installed in Excel
2003. I am now trying to install it in Excel 2007.

Prior to switching computers, I had downloaded a trial version on my old
computer (which also was running Office 2003). When the trial was installed,
the Add-In automatically loaded in Excel 2007 and worked without any problems.

On my new computer, in Excel 2007, I've saved the file and it's listed in my
Active Applicaiton Add-Ins. However, the Add-Ins tab is not being displayed.
Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I was looking at a co-worker's computer which still has Excel 2003. It seems
that the "add-in" that I was trying to install, was just listed as a custom
toolbar in excel 2003. Would this mean that the file is not actually an
add-in? Does anyone know how I would import this custom toolbar into Excel
2007?

Your help is much appreciated!!
Thanks!