Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Wu Wu is offline

Default find blank cell and replace with " ' "

I have data in Range A2,A3,A4,A6,A7,B2,B4,B6,B7
Range A5,B3,B5 are blank.
I use find and replace function to fill the blank with symbol '
but it is fail. (My version is excel 2000)
How can I fill all the blank of cell with " ' " ?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select the range A2:B7
Choose Edit|Go To|Special then click on Blanks
Type
'' (' two times) and presss CTRL-ENTER

"Wu" wrote:

I have data in Range A2,A3,A4,A6,A7,B2,B4,B6,B7
Range A5,B3,B5 are blank.
I use find and replace function to fill the blank with symbol '
but it is fail. (My version is excel 2000)
How can I fill all the blank of cell with " ' " ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

A single ' can be entered in a cell but is does not display, why would you
want to do that?

This character was used to tell Lotus 1-2-3 that the entry following it was
text, left aligned. In Lotus it was not visible in the cell unless you
looked at the formula bar (called the Edit line in Lotus, if my memory serves
me).

In Excel this is almost always used to display numbers as text, although
there is a more standard way.

Peo has assumed you want to enter two apostrophies so you so that you can
see one. He may very well be correct, however, it begs the question of why.
Curiousity...
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire