Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel IF Formula for an inventory...

Please, I need help with a formula,

I'm looking for a formula (Something like the IF formula) that will allow me
to show three(3) different text expressions in one cell according to
mathmatic range. Currently, the only one I can figure out is:
=IF(K25I25,"Inventory above range","Inventory within range"). I have tried
the =IF(AND.... & =IF(OR... formulas. I would like for the cell to have the
ability to report: "Inventory above range", "Inventory within range" &
"Inventory below range".
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You need a third cell to tell you when the inventory is below range.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200810

"Allan Grates" wrote:

Please, I need help with a formula,

I'm looking for a formula (Something like the IF formula) that will allow me
to show three(3) different text expressions in one cell according to
mathmatic range. Currently, the only one I can figure out is:
=IF(K25I25,"Inventory above range","Inventory within range"). I have tried
the =IF(AND.... & =IF(OR... formulas. I would like for the cell to have the
ability to report: "Inventory above range", "Inventory within range" &
"Inventory below range".

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Allan ! :)
The formula you need is something like this.
=IF(K25I25,"Above Range",IF(AND(K25<=I25,K25=I24),"Within Range","Below
Range"))
Note: The cell I24 contains the lower limit of the inventory range.

I hope you find the info useful ! Good Luck !

Vijay

"Allan Grates" wrote:

Please, I need help with a formula,

I'm looking for a formula (Something like the IF formula) that will allow me
to show three(3) different text expressions in one cell according to
mathmatic range. Currently, the only one I can figure out is:
=IF(K25I25,"Inventory above range","Inventory within range"). I have tried
the =IF(AND.... & =IF(OR... formulas. I would like for the cell to have the
ability to report: "Inventory above range", "Inventory within range" &
"Inventory below range".

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi David !! :)
That's the general idea. If you examine my version of
the formula, you'll find it has only two conditions in it; one to test if the
given value is above the range and the other to test if the value is within
the range. The third condition is obained from the other two as an 'ELSE'.

"Allan Grates" wrote:

Please, I need help with a formula,

I'm looking for a formula (Something like the IF formula) that will allow
me
to show three(3) different text expressions in one cell according to
mathmatic range. Currently, the only one I can figure out is:
=IF(K25I25,"Inventory above range","Inventory within range"). I have
tried
the =IF(AND.... & =IF(OR... formulas. I would like for the cell to have
the
ability to report: "Inventory above range", "Inventory within range" &
"Inventory below range".

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes, Vijay, so instead of your
=IF(K25I25,"Above Range",IF(AND(K25<=I25,K25=I24),"Within Range","Below
Range"))
all you need is
=IF(K25I25,"Above Range",IF(K25=I24,"Within Range","Below Range"))
or otherwise the formula I had suggested earlier in the day
=IF(K25I25,"Inventory above range",IF(K25<J25,"Inventory below

"Allan Grates" wrote:

Please, I need help with a formula,

I'm looking for a formula (Something like the IF formula) that will
allow
me
to show three(3) different text expressions in one cell according to
mathmatic range. Currently, the only one I can figure out is:
=IF(K25I25,"Inventory above range","Inventory within range"). I have
tried
the =IF(AND.... & =IF(OR... formulas. I would like for the cell to
have
the
ability to report: "Inventory above range", "Inventory within range" &
"Inventory below range".

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

David & Vijay,

I tried both formulas and they both worked for me. I decided to use david's
formula as it was the first I tried and worked the first time I put it in my
inventory. Thanks and appreciate it.

Kudos, Allan

"Allan Grates" wrote:

Please, I need help with a formula,

I'm looking for a formula (Something like the IF formula) that will allow
me
to show three(3) different text expressions in one cell according to
mathmatic range. Currently, the only one I can figure out is:
=IF(K25I25,"Inventory above range","Inventory within range"). I have
tried
the =IF(AND.... & =IF(OR... formulas. I would like for the cell to have
the
ability to report: "Inventory above range", "Inventory within range" &
"Inventory below range".

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

And yet another way to write it:

="Inventory "&IF(I25<K25,"below",IF(I25K25,"above","within")) &" range"

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire