Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Vijay Chary Vijay Chary is offline

Default Excel IF Formula for an inventory...

Hi David !! :)
That's the general idea. If you examine my version of
the formula, you'll find it has only two conditions in it; one to test if the
given value is above the range and the other to test if the value is within
the range. The third condition is obained from the other two as an 'ELSE'.

"David Biddulph" wrote:

You don't need the K25<=I25 test, Vijay, as you've already dealt with the
K25I25 cases.
--
David Biddulph

"Vijay Chary" wrote in message

Hi Allan ! :)
The formula you need is something like this.
=IF(K25I25,"Above Range",IF(AND(K25<=I25,K25=I24),"Within Range","Below
Range"))
Note: The cell I24 contains the lower limit of the inventory range.

I hope you find the info useful ! Good Luck !

Vijay

"Allan Grates" wrote:

Please, I need help with a formula,

I'm looking for a formula (Something like the IF formula) that will allow
me
to show three(3) different text expressions in one cell according to
mathmatic range. Currently, the only one I can figure out is:
=IF(K25I25,"Inventory above range","Inventory within range"). I have
tried
the =IF(AND.... & =IF(OR... formulas. I would like for the cell to have
the
ability to report: "Inventory above range", "Inventory within range" &
"Inventory below range".