Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Multiple Pivot Tables from Same data source

Hello,

I have created a multiple consolidation range pivot table. I want to use
that pivot table to create several different reports. I do that by copying
and pasting my pivot table worksheet tab into a new tab and then setting up a
different report by rearranging the fields. I am finding that when I make
changes to one tab (i.e. deleting a calculated item column), those changes
carry over to a previous tab and screw up my report. Any ideas, or do I have
to create a new pivot table from the same data each time?
--
Thank You
Andrew Edmunds
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

The problem is that your pivot tables are using the same pivot table cache,
which is what happens when you copy a pivot table. So you do need to create
a second pivot table from scratch unless you play games with Excel. Try this:

1. Copy and paste the pivot table
2. Select the second pivot table and click the Pivot Table Wizard command
or the Data, Pivot Table & Pivot Chart Report command
3. Click the Back button once
4. Modify the range, maybe reduce it by one row and hit Finish.

Now your second pivot table should be disconnected from the first.

Thanks,
Shane Devenshire