Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
TYM TYM is offline

Default exported Outlook contacts to an Excel file - finding unwanted ' sy

I have exported Outlook contacts to an Excel file. I run in to a problem
that the data in each cell now has a ' symbol placed at the beginning of the
data. It prevents me from formatting the data, such as setting numbers to a
phone number format. I have not found a method to remove the symbol without
opening each cell and manually deleting the symbol. Any suggestions?