-   -   exported Outlook contacts to an Excel file - finding unwanted ' sy (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/207672-exported-outlook-contacts-excel-file-finding-unwanted-sy.html)

TYM

exported Outlook contacts to an Excel file - finding unwanted ' sy

I have exported Outlook contacts to an Excel file. I run in to a problem
that the data in each cell now has a ' symbol placed at the beginning of the
data. It prevents me from formatting the data, such as setting numbers to a
phone number format. I have not found a method to remove the symbol without
opening each cell and manually deleting the symbol. Any suggestions?

Peo Sjoblom[_2_]

exported Outlook contacts to an Excel file - finding unwanted ' sy

Export the file as CSV instead. I think
that takes care of the apostrophe.

Peo Sjoblom