Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to prevent editing within a specific cells?

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to prevent editing within a specific
cells?
For example, in cell A1, there is a formula, =B1+C2. I don't want to delete
this formula accidently, but I still can see this formula. Does anyone have
any suggesitons on how to do it in excel?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Have you looked into the protection features in Excel? Under Tools, there is
a Protect sheet feature. The help topic covers all the different options you
have, but this may get you what you need.