Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default prevent pivot tables / charts from editing

Is there any way to prevent users to change pivot table layouts. I can
protect the sheet and allow users to use pivot table reports to make all
selections they want. However I can not find how to prevent users to drag or
reorder fields. Like moving column fields to data or to row fields.

Same with pivot charts. Is there a way to protect users from reformatting
the charts?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hope this helps!

For charts - right out of the Protect Method VBA help section:
Sub ProtectChart()
ActiveChart.Protect Scenarios:=True, UserInterfaceOnly:=True
End Sub

This is a great place for pivot table protection:

-SA