Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default charts and pivot tables

I update a table in excel (2003) each month, showing year to date data.
I need to pivot the data into many pivot tables then create charts (I don't
want to use a pivot chart for cosmetic reasons).
Because it is year to date, I would like the charts to automatically update
each time I add a new month (date is on the X axis).
At the moment I change the source data each month for each chart to include
the new month, but I was hoping someone could tell me an easier way of doing
this.
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You could use the utility I mentioned in your other post:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChgSrsFmla.html

Also, you can set up dynamic ranges that include pivot table data, and use
them to create dynamic charts:

http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/200...d-range-names/
http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/200...ynamic-charts/

- Jon