-   -   How to prevent editing within a specific cells? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/207605-how-prevent-editing-within-specific-cells.html)

Eric

How to prevent editing within a specific cells?

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to prevent editing within a specific
cells?
For example, in cell A1, there is a formula, =B1+C2. I don't want to delete
this formula accidently, but I still can see this formula. Does anyone have
any suggesitons on how to do it in excel?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

Andy

How to prevent editing within a specific cells?

Have you looked into the protection features in Excel? Under Tools, there is
a Protect sheet feature. The help topic covers all the different options you
have, but this may get you what you need.