Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Vista problems

New computer.. everything was fine with word and excel but now it takes
forever to open.. or get no response.. and just hangs up. I use these file
types everyday and I need to fix this or I will have to format and load XP.
Any help on this issue..
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Is this happening in word and excel only or other applications as well?
Try to reinstall Office first before giving up on Vista...

Office 2007?

I have been using 2007 on Vista for more than six months without any problem.

"mcaffey" wrote:

New computer.. everything was fine with word and excel but now it takes
forever to open.. or get no response.. and just hangs up. I use these file
types everyday and I need to fix this or I will have to format and load XP.
Any help on this issue..
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What takes forever to open, the application, or the file. What version
of Office? Is it just Excel? Fix what? What did you do that caused the
change? Try providing some information and define the actual issue you
want help with.