Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007 display shift problems in Vista

Trouble I encountered....

When double clicking a xls file in explorer, up comes excel 2007 in full
screen, but that the whole screen would shift up to have the bar that usually
sit at the bottom of excel screen (The one that has the slider to change
screen display on the right, and to show the status on the left...I dont know
what that is called officially) to shift all the way to the top of the
screen. Even the usual X/full screen/minimize buttons on the top right hand
corner is not displayed. Its just that the whole screen would shift up only
leaving a light blue screen that I could not do anything with, and gone are
the controls and contents display of excel 2007. If I right click on the tap
on the start bar below to close, excel would even ask if I want to save
before closing the window.... This problem is intermit, happens with not
only one file but all the files I tried open, and is getting worse
these days to a point that even by starting Excel from the start menu excel
would do the same "display shift" sometimes....

I called Microsoft support, the technician, although saw it through remote
assistance, said she never encounter any problem like that before, and really
don't know what she could do to fix that other than by trial and
error....then later she help me to turn off all third party services and
program at start, then things seems to be ok...

This now happen to 3 of 8 new computers that my company just added during
the last week, and the others maybe also have the same problem but just that
the users didn't find that out yet.... The 3 in troubles, 2 are Dell
desktops, 1 is Sony Vaio laptop, all of them running vista business, with the
desktop running in traditional chinese version, while the laptop running
english version.

All computers installed the following programs:

Vista business
Office 2007 standard
Kaspersky internet security

These computers are so new that they just been put into services less than a
week, and because they are so new no other programs are being installed.

Would someone please point me to the right direction to solve this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Jun 12, 1:41 pm, Jason Chan
wrote:
[...]

Same problem. No solutions

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am having the same problem with my vista powered Excel 2007. Has anyone
found a solution?

" wrote:

On Jun 12, 1:41 pm, Jason Chan
wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

SAME PROBLEM...have searched and tried several suggestions but still have not
fixed the problem.

"SusanG" wrote:

I am having the same problem with my vista powered Excel 2007. Has anyone
found a solution?