Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Problem with taskbar

I hope that this is something that I can change. I say "Group Similar Task
Bar Buttons" from the Start Icon in the bottom left of the taskbar. Now if
the Excel files are stacked and I am in excel and I click the excel Icon to
go to another file .... the file I am in is not identified with a checkmark
or anything. Then I might accidentally click the file I am actually in and
it minimizes the excel application. Are there any settings that help this,
ie so I can identify within the stacked list of excel files on the taskbar
excel icon of which file I am in? It sure would make things move more
smoothly...otherwise it almost seems that it is better to not stack them and
use two rows showing on the taskbar of open files.

Thank you for your help.

Steven