Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Dcounting without doble counting

imagine a range like this:

Actiondate volume
1-sep 2
1-sep 3
3-sep 5
5-sep 7
9-sep 6
etc

this constrains
Actiondate Actiondate
=1-sep <6-sep

I would like a function that counts the number of days between my contrain
that do not doble count de dates....in this example the answer would be 3

Thank you people very much....I am so gratefull for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this array formula

=SUM(--(FREQUENCY(IF((A2:A100=--"2008-09-01")*(A2:A100<--"2008-09-06"),MATCH(A2:A100,A2:A100,0)),ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&R OWS(A2:A100))))0))

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Guidu" wrote in message
imagine a range like this:

Actiondate volume
1-sep 2
1-sep 3
3-sep 5
5-sep 7
9-sep 6
etc

this constrains
Actiondate Actiondate
=1-sep <6-sep

I would like a function that counts the number of days between my contrain
that do not doble count de dates....in this example the answer would be 3

Thank you people very much....I am so gratefull for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jim, thanks...but I have the problem when it is on a range...and I need it to
be on a range....an limiting dates. I have counted the days in a range, but
it dobles count when a day is repeated. my formula was like this:

=DCOUNT(ECXCFIFUT, "Total Volume", $H$52:$I$53)
where h52-i53 is the date conditional. and total volume is what I wanted to
count...I could replace total volume with action date in the example of my
original question. and with the date conditional...the answer would be 4
instead of 3 because 1-sep would be double counted.

I was trying to use "match" and "frequency" but I could't do it
thanks

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

Check out this link...

HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Guidu" wrote:

imagine a range like this:

Actiondate volume
1-sep 2
1-sep 3
3-sep 5
5-sep 7
9-sep 6
etc

this constrains
Actiondate Actiondate
=1-sep <6-sep

I would like a function that counts the number of days between my contrain
that do not doble count de dates....in this example the answer would be 3

Thank you people very much....I am so gratefull for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

try this

col A has action date

in cell B1 you have 01-sep
in cell C1 you have 06-sep

in D1 put this formula =SUMPRODUCT(((A1:A5=B1)*(A1:A5<C1))/
COUNTIF(A1:A5,A1:A5&""))

On Oct 21, 9:35*pm, Guidu wrote:
Jim, thanks...but I have the problem when it is on a range...and I need it to
be on a range....an limiting dates. I have counted the days *in a range, but
it dobles count when a day is repeated. my formula was like this:

=DCOUNT(ECXCFIFUT, "Total Volume", $H$52:$I$53)
where h52-i53 is the date conditional. and total volume is what I wanted to
count...I could replace total volume with action date in the example of my
original question. and with the date conditional...the answer would be 4
instead of 3 because 1-sep would be double counted.

I was trying to use "match" and "frequency" but I could't do it
thanks

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:
Check out this link...

HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Guidu" wrote:

imagine a range like this:

Actiondate * * *volume
1-sep * * * * * * * * 2
1-sep * * * * * * * * 3
3-sep * * * * * * * * 5
5-sep * * * * * * * * 7
9-sep * * * * * * * * 6
etc

this constrains
Actiondate * * * * Actiondate
=1-sep * * * * * *<6-sep

I would like a function that counts the number of days between my contrain
that do not doble count de dates....in this example the answer would be 3

Thank you people very much....I am so gratefull for your help- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

sorry people...i can not do it.....
this is exactly what i have,

DBASE CRITERIA (I am using this already..i donĀ“t want to make the same table
without the signs = and<)

ActionDate ActionDate
=1/1/2005 <2/1/2005
ActionDate ActionDate
=2/1/2005 <3/1/2005
ActionDate ActionDate
=3/1/2005 <4/1/2005
ActionDate ActionDate
=4/1/2005 <5/1/2005
ActionDate ActionDate
=5/1/2005 <6/1/2005
ActionDate ActionDate
=6/1/2005 <7/1/2005
ActionDate ActionDate
=7/1/2005 <8/1/2005
ActionDate ActionDate
=8/1/2005 <9/1/2005
ActionDate ActionDate
=9/1/2005 <10/1/2005
ActionDate ActionDate
=10/1/2005 <11/1/2005
ActionDate ActionDate
=11/1/2005 <12/1/2005
ActionDate ActionDate
=12/1/2005 <1/1/2006

Then I have a really BIG range. with 15-20 columns...that i don't care for
this case. I have to do this for 4 years ...every month.

imagine range RANGEDATA, that has on one column ActionDate. I want to count
the days in every single month separately without doble counting.

Thanks everyone...I am really trying, but it seems I am not good enought