Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
muddan madhu muddan madhu is offline

Default Dcounting without doble counting

try this

col A has action date

in cell B1 you have 01-sep
in cell C1 you have 06-sep

in D1 put this formula =SUMPRODUCT(((A1:A5=B1)*(A1:A5<C1))/
COUNTIF(A1:A5,A1:A5&""))

On Oct 21, 9:35*pm, Guidu wrote:
Jim, thanks...but I have the problem when it is on a range...and I need it to
be on a range....an limiting dates. I have counted the days *in a range, but
it dobles count when a day is repeated. my formula was like this:

=DCOUNT(ECXCFIFUT, "Total Volume", $H$52:$I$53)
where h52-i53 is the date conditional. and total volume is what I wanted to
count...I could replace total volume with action date in the example of my
original question. and with the date conditional...the answer would be 4
instead of 3 because 1-sep would be double counted.

I was trying to use "match" and "frequency" but I could't do it
thanks

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:
Check out this link...

HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Guidu" wrote:

imagine a range like this:

Actiondate * * *volume
1-sep * * * * * * * * 2
1-sep * * * * * * * * 3
3-sep * * * * * * * * 5
5-sep * * * * * * * * 7
9-sep * * * * * * * * 6
etc

this constrains
Actiondate * * * * Actiondate
=1-sep * * * * * *<6-sep

I would like a function that counts the number of days between my contrain
that do not doble count de dates....in this example the answer would be 3

Thank you people very much....I am so gratefull for your help- Hide quoted text -