Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Compile error in hidden module Excel 2007

I recently upgraded to office 2007 from office 2003 on my WinXP system. The
office 2003 was an upgrade from previous versions of office. Since the
latest upgrade everytime I open Excel I get a "Microsoft Visual Basic" error
"Compile error in hidden module: JWPACKE". I have no idea when I originally
installed this and running a google search does not produce anything
helpful. How do I get rid of this message. I've looked in the "Addins" for
excel and I don't seen anything for JWPACKE in any of the addins views.
Suggestions for removal would be appreicated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
You have certainty that there's not any add-in or COM add-in
installed?
1 - Did you see in XLSTART folder or in other startup folder specified
by the user in the Excel options?
2 - Unfortunately some COM add-ins are hidden from the user and only
be viewed in the register, but you can get OfficeIns that is a small
free utility that displays the details of all installed Microsoft
Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and so on... ) add-ins on your computer,
and allows you to disable / enable them:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/officeins.html