Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I show (.50) on in an Excel column-it keeps coming up (.5)

I am trying to add figures on Excel-instead of 1/2 I am trying to use .50-but
it keeps coming up .5-How can I get the 0 in after the 5
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Format the cells as Number with 2 decimal places.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 19, 7:34*pm, fnarkie wrote:
I am trying to add figures on Excel-instead of 1/2 I am trying to use .50-but
it keeps coming up .5-How can I get the 0 in after the 5

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Pete_UK" wrote:

Format the cells as Number with 2 decimal places.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 19, 7:34 pm, fnarkie wrote:
I am trying to add figures on Excel-instead of 1/2 I am trying to use .50-but
it keeps coming up .5-How can I get the 0 in after the 5

Can u explain the solution more clearly-sorry I'm new at this

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
your cell is formatted to general.
so.
right click the cell(s) that you want formated to 2 decimals
from the popup, select format cells.
from the format dialog, select the number tab.
from the catagory list, select number
to the right will be a spin button where you can select the number of
decimal places you want. default is 2.
when done, click the ok button.

regards
FSt1

"fnarkie" wrote:

"Pete_UK" wrote:

Format the cells as Number with 2 decimal places.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 19, 7:34 pm, fnarkie wrote:
I am trying to add figures on Excel-instead of 1/2 I am trying to use .50-but
it keeps coming up .5-How can I get the 0 in after the 5

Can u explain the solution more clearly-sorry I'm new at this

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select the cell, goto menu FormatCells, and on the Number tab, select the
Number category, and set it there.

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"fnarkie" wrote in message

"Pete_UK" wrote:

Format the cells as Number with 2 decimal places.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 19, 7:34 pm, fnarkie wrote:
I am trying to add figures on Excel-instead of 1/2 I am trying to use
.50-but
it keeps coming up .5-How can I get the 0 in after the 5

Can u explain the solution more clearly-sorry I'm new at this

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Actually,

if your cell really displays .5 and not 0.5 then you are not formatted to
general, that would be a custom format of .0 or .# or...

If you really want .50, not 0.50, again not a standard format, choose
Format, Cells, Number tab, Custom and enter .00 or .00# on the Type line.

I doubt this helps, but that's the way it really is.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire