Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default converting text from word to excel.

How can I take text that I have typed in Word 2003 and transfer it into one
cell in Microsoft Excel 2007? The text in Word has tabs in between it and I
cannot get it to transfer into only one cell. It keeps breaking the text up
into different cells where the tab is located. Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Copy the text in Word. In Excel, select the cell where you want to paste the
text. Press F2 to enter edit mode, then press Ctrl-V to paste the text.

Hope this helps,

Hutch

"darkfeld" wrote:

How can I take text that I have typed in Word 2003 and transfer it into one
cell in Microsoft Excel 2007? The text in Word has tabs in between it and I
cannot get it to transfer into only one cell. It keeps breaking the text up
into different cells where the tab is located. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That worked great except that I was hoping to keep the spacing that was
achieved by using the tabs. I need multiple numbers to be housed in one cell
but to be spaced evenly. Like this:

25 52 65 100 95
100 2 95 5 32

I am getting:
25 52 65 100 95
100 2 95 5 32

"darkfeld" wrote:

How can I take text that I have typed in Word 2003 and transfer it into one
cell in Microsoft Excel 2007? The text in Word has tabs in between it and I
cannot get it to transfer into only one cell. It keeps breaking the text up
into different cells where the tab is located. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Then I can only think of two options..

Paste special as a Word Object and resize as you like

Paste special as HTML, though that would put it into two cells, not 1.

"darkfeld" wrote:

How can I take text that I have typed in Word 2003 and transfer it into one
cell in Microsoft Excel 2007? The text in Word has tabs in between it and I
cannot get it to transfer into only one cell. It keeps breaking the text up
into different cells where the tab is located. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

The secret it in Word. Select the data in Word, and choose the command
Table, Convert, Text to Table.

Now copy the table from Word to Excel.

Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"darkfeld" wrote:

How can I take text that I have typed in Word 2003 and transfer it into one
cell in Microsoft Excel 2007? The text in Word has tabs in between it and I
cannot get it to transfer into only one cell. It keeps breaking the text up
into different cells where the tab is located. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think I need to back up and let you know what I am trying to create. I
need the data to appear as text in one excel field because I am transferring
the data to access for a database I am working on.

I tried to paste it from Word as a "word object" but it is then a picture
and not text. I tried pasting it as html and I had the same problem that I
was having before. It is pasting the numbers in multiple cells instead of
just one.

Do you have any other ideas?