Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sean Timmons Sean Timmons is offline

Default converting text from word to excel.

Then I can only think of two options..

Paste special as a Word Object and resize as you like

Paste special as HTML, though that would put it into two cells, not 1.

"darkfeld" wrote:

That worked great except that I was hoping to keep the spacing that was
achieved by using the tabs. I need multiple numbers to be housed in one cell
but to be spaced evenly. Like this:

25 52 65 100 95
100 2 95 5 32

I am getting:
25 52 65 100 95
100 2 95 5 32

"Tom Hutchins" wrote:

Copy the text in Word. In Excel, select the cell where you want to paste the
text. Press F2 to enter edit mode, then press Ctrl-V to paste the text.

Hope this helps,

Hutch

"darkfeld" wrote:

How can I take text that I have typed in Word 2003 and transfer it into one
cell in Microsoft Excel 2007? The text in Word has tabs in between it and I
cannot get it to transfer into only one cell. It keeps breaking the text up
into different cells where the tab is located. Any ideas?