Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PS PS is offline

Default No zoom in print preview on landscaped page

Hello.
I am not sure if this has always been unavailable or it this is a new and
exciting ploy to test my sanity.
The option zoom in print preview on landscaped page is not available. Works
fine on portrait page, though.
Any clues?
Would really appreciate a fix, if it is in fact an error.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PS PS is offline

I am using SP3. What kind of monitor are you using? I'm thinking it has
something to do w/resolution. Mine is 1680 x 1050, as are most of the
monitors here. However, on one of the std CRT displays set to 1024 x 768,
the issue doesn't exist.
Any clues based on that?

"PS" wrote:

Hello.
I am not sure if this has always been unavailable or it this is a new and
exciting ploy to test my sanity.
The option zoom in print preview on landscaped page is not available. Works
fine on portrait page, though.
Any clues?
Would really appreciate a fix, if it is in fact an error.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Wow, I don't have that level of resolution available on mine. Working on a
small screen here. :-)

Course, you can test by swapping monitors to be sure, but that could be your
issue. A matter of magnification overload...

"PS" wrote:

Hello.
I am not sure if this has always been unavailable or it this is a new and
exciting ploy to test my sanity.
The option zoom in print preview on landscaped page is not available. Works
fine on portrait page, though.
Any clues?
Would really appreciate a fix, if it is in fact an error.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PS PS is offline

Hey, Sean, thanks for getting back.

I did a little more digging - We're an engineering firm, so our monitors are
mostly 19" - 24" inch.

Definitely something to do w/Excel and the screen resolution, as the issue
doesn't exist in Word. I'm thinking I should write an Auto Open macro to set
the resolution lower and an Auto Close to set it back (?).

Any clues/suggestions?

Thanks again for your help.