Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can't Zoom in Print Preview

I've searched all over and can't find anyone else reporting this problem.
While in Print Preview you can normally click anywhere on the screen for a
zoom function. However, mine doesn't do anything. Even the push buttom up top
for "zoom" is grayed out. What is causing this and how can I fix it? Also, I
can't use the scroll wheel on my mouse to flip between multiple pages, unless
I exit the screen to another program (Alt+Tab) and then come back. Then I can
use the scroll wheel. However, I don't know how to fix the zoom feature.
Please help. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not a single suggestion? If it's of any help, I narrowed the problem down to
only in "Landscape" orientation. I can zoom in if it's in "Portrait", but not
"Landscape". I saw a thread posted on this same problem quite some time ago,
with no replies. Am I one of the unlucky ones that this has only happened to?
Please help. Thanks!

"Corey" wrote:

I've searched all over and can't find anyone else reporting this problem.
While in Print Preview you can normally click anywhere on the screen for a
zoom function. However, mine doesn't do anything. Even the push buttom up top
for "zoom" is grayed out. What is causing this and how can I fix it? Also, I
can't use the scroll wheel on my mouse to flip between multiple pages, unless
I exit the screen to another program (Alt+Tab) and then come back. Then I can
use the scroll wheel. However, I don't know how to fix the zoom feature.
Please help. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PS PS is offline

Hey, Corey;
Just began having the same issue myself. Have you found a solution? I
believe it has to do with the resolution. We recently upgraded some of our
monitors - 19, 20 and 22". When viewing the spreadsheet on any of these
monitors the zoom is not available. However, when viewed on a 17", zoom is
enabled in print preview.

Out of curiosity, what is your monitor size? If you resize smaller by
dragging, you should get to a certain size where the zoom button becomes
enabled.

Anyway, hope this helps and that if you have already found a workaround
yourself that you are willing to share it with those of us still stumped.

P.

"Corey" wrote:

I've searched all over and can't find anyone else reporting this problem.
While in Print Preview you can normally click anywhere on the screen for a
zoom function. However, mine doesn't do anything. Even the push buttom up top
for "zoom" is grayed out. What is causing this and how can I fix it? Also, I
can't use the scroll wheel on my mouse to flip between multiple pages, unless
I exit the screen to another program (Alt+Tab) and then come back. Then I can
use the scroll wheel. However, I don't know how to fix the zoom feature.
Please help. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for replying to this PS...I guess we're the only ones. I have a 19"
and tried your trick of reducing the window size. Indeed, it does work when
this is done. Looks like you were able to figure something out that the
moderators didn't know. Probably no complete fix without altering my display
settings. Thanks!!

"Corey" wrote:

I've searched all over and can't find anyone else reporting this problem.
While in Print Preview you can normally click anywhere on the screen for a
zoom function. However, mine doesn't do anything. Even the push buttom up top
for "zoom" is grayed out. What is causing this and how can I fix it? Also, I
can't use the scroll wheel on my mouse to flip between multiple pages, unless
I exit the screen to another program (Alt+Tab) and then come back. Then I can
use the scroll wheel. However, I don't know how to fix the zoom feature.
Please help. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PS PS is offline

Hey, Corey;
No need to thank me. What I figured out I did so through trial and error -
with that and a quarter - I can make collect call! ;)
Sometimes it's reassuring just to know we are not crazy and that it really
could be the computer.
Take care.
P.