Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Notes

Greetings. I am using VISTA and Excel 2007. I have searched here and there
for an answer to this question, but so far no luck, so I'm asking the experts
here.

I have been inserting Comments in various cells to store notes, which works
fine up to a point, but I was wondering if there are any add-ins available
that would enhance this featu that is, note taking in Excel. I realize
Excel is a spreadsheet, but it would be nice if there were other options
available for attaching notes to certain cells (other than inserting
Comments). Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

An alternative to Comments is Data Validation messages. They will appear on
a mouse-click rather than mouse-over.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200807

"Rebecca" wrote:

Greetings. I am using VISTA and Excel 2007. I have searched here and there
for an answer to this question, but so far no luck, so I'm asking the experts
here.

I have been inserting Comments in various cells to store notes, which works
fine up to a point, but I was wondering if there are any add-ins available
that would enhance this featu that is, note taking in Excel. I realize
Excel is a spreadsheet, but it would be nice if there were other options
available for attaching notes to certain cells (other than inserting
Comments). Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks, but Data Validation messages seem to be extremely limited in size, or
can this be changed? Plus unlike Comments, and as far as I can tell,
formatting in Data Validation is not an option. It looks like I'm stuck with
Comments, which as I said are OK.

"Rebecca" wrote:

Greetings. I am using VISTA and Excel 2007. I have searched here and there
for an answer to this question, but so far no luck, so I'm asking the experts
here.

I have been inserting Comments in various cells to store notes, which works
fine up to a point, but I was wondering if there are any add-ins available
that would enhance this featu that is, note taking in Excel. I realize
Excel is a spreadsheet, but it would be nice if there were other options
available for attaching notes to certain cells (other than inserting
Comments). Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Rebecca

You can resize the comment by grabbing any of the handles around the edges
of the comment, and extending in whichever direction you want.
Unless you are wanting to write a book about each cell, I think it should
handle what you want<bg

--
Regards
Roger Govier