Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Why am I getting so many "file corrupted" errors?

This has just become a problem recently, I have never had this happen in the
years I have used Excel. I am getting "file cannot be opened, it is
corrupted" meesages ALOT lately when I try to open excel e-mail attachments.
No one else has problems with the files. Is there a cache or file I need to
clear out? Why is this happening all of a sudden? Any help appreciated.
Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What version of Excel are you using and what types of files are you trying to
open?

Thanks,
Barb Reinhardt

"Evilive138" wrote:

This has just become a problem recently, I have never had this happen in the
years I have used Excel. I am getting "file cannot be opened, it is
corrupted" meesages ALOT lately when I try to open excel e-mail attachments.
No one else has problems with the files. Is there a cache or file I need to
clear out? Why is this happening all of a sudden? Any help appreciated.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try the usual fix for this.

ToolsOptionsGeneral Uncheck "Ignore Other Applications"

If no joy with that................

Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar

1) StartRun "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)OK.
2) StartRun "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)OK.

See the space between exe and /regserver

You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe.

In that case StartRun "C:\yourpath\excel.exe" /regserver(quotes
required)OK.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP