Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
G G is offline

Default Highlight Specific dates/cells

Hello All

I have asked this question before and whilst it was answered I am not
confident enough tio be able to do it.
I am using Excel 2007, and very new to Excel therefore need almost a guidng
hand.

The sceaniro is pretty clear.

I have 100+ clients, each one has a colum for qualifications, in each cell
next to client is a date which is the expiray date. Therefore I need a system
that will alert the user if this date is within 30 days of TODAY. I do not
really mind what kind of alert but ideally either to highlight the cell or
text is ideal.

I appreciate I can do something within conditional formatting, but I have
never used this before and really dont understand it. so of course any 'idiot
proof' guiding will be of great help.

All the date is already there and just needs this forumla to work.

Thanks
Gareth
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RAZ RAZ is offline

hi,
i found a solution for you with conditional formatting, after trying
different scenerious
ok, here is what you need to do.

select the cells you want this condition to work.
then go to conditional fomatting, click on 'New Rule'

Keep "Cell Value" as it is,
on the next one choose "less than"
then on the next blank space type this
=Today()-30

then below this, click on "Format" and choose the color you like to
highlight with

this should work, good luck

Raz

go to "Format Only Cells That Contain"

"g" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RAZ RAZ is offline

sorry, what i gave you is to check if the date is within last 30 days from
today.

but if you want to change it to check if the dates within next 30 days from
today

Just replace "less than" to "greater than"
in replace the equation to
=Today()+30

thats it. everything else should be same

"g" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RAZ RAZ is offline

I am so sorry, FORGET EVERYTHING I SAID BEFORE,
i should have read your condition carefully
pls follow these steps below.

select all cells need this condition
click on conditional formatting.
click on 'new rule'
select 'format only cells that contain'

in rule description, change them or type as below
cell value, between, =Today() , =Today()+29

then click on format and choose your color.
thats it.

if you need to modify your formatting, go to conditional formating, click on
manage rules and modify.

"g" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
G G is offline