markx

Default highlight/unhighlight (or color/uncolor) cells containing a specific character

Hi guys,

What is the best way to highlight (or even color) all the cells in a
worksheet (or even in a workbook) containing a specific character? For
exemple, I would like to make visually distinctive all the cells containing
somewhere a "?" character (or "mmm" string, or "!" mark, or "=" sign).

Are you aware of any special easy macro doing (and also undoing) this stuff?
Or do you have idea how to write a special formula to put in "conditionnal
formatting" part?

Thanks a lot for your input,
Mark

Anirudh

Hi Markx,

Pls try this

select the workbook(s)
formatconditional formatingcell value isequal to ?(or whatever) than select the colour

"markx" wrote:

Hi guys,

What is the best way to highlight (or even color) all the cells in a
worksheet (or even in a workbook) containing a specific character? For
exemple, I would like to make visually distinctive all the cells containing
somewhere a "?" character (or "mmm" string, or "!" mark, or "=" sign).

Are you aware of any special easy macro doing (and also undoing) this stuff?
Or do you have idea how to write a special formula to put in "conditionnal
formatting" part?

Thanks a lot for your input,
Mark

markx

Hello,

Sorry, but I believe your solution will only work if there are no other
signs in the cell...
(F. ex. it will find "?" in cell A1="?", but not in cell A2="bla?bla"). Do
you see what I mean?

Do you know the solution for the cells containing (AMONG OTHER SIGNS) a
specific string or character?

Thanks,
Mark